Monday, December 18, 2006

Cousins & Santa

Its been an exciting last few days in my family.....My sister and her gorgeous kids have moved to Australia. Her husband will arrive after Christmas, due to the loooooonnnnng process that the Australian immigration puts people through who want to immigrate here. This is the first time in 14 years that my family has lived on the same continent. Christopher had only seen his cousins through the photos...and they are now 2 1/2 years old and 5 months old....and Christopher is 8. He looks so big next to them.
We're so happy they are here. Christmas should be lots of fun this year!


Christopher & I went to visit Santa today. I was feeling rather aprehensive due to the obviously fake outfit and beard that I've seen the Santas wearing here. We been lucky to have visited a REAL Santa in Hong Kong since Christopher was born and I knew that the fellow we'd be visiting today would look nothing him. The pics I've posted today were of last years Santa, in Hong Kong. That beard is REAL... And so are those rosey cheeks. I've always been allowed to take my own pics whenever we visit Santa, so when I was told today that no photos are to be taken, I was very disappointed. Only photos by a "professional" photographer were permitted...with a hefty fee as well. With my fear that this might be Christopher's last Christmas believing in the magic of Santa, I handed over the $ and recieved an average quality, very plastic looking photo of the 2 of them. I'll scan that pic and post it another day. All in all, Christopher enjoyed seeing Santa and ended up having a lovely little chat with him as there weren't any other kids waiting. Heres hoping that there will be another year of Christmas magic. I think we'll have to watch the Polar Express tonight!

No comments: