Thursday, May 24, 2007

65 Roses Day

Today is also 65 Roses Day - the national awareness day for Cystic Fibrosis. Gab's son Conor has CF. I knew very little about it until I met Gab, Anthony and Conor. Seeing them live with CF everyday, with doing physiotherapy, taking medications and doing breathing exercises has made me more aware and hopeful that a cure will be discovered in Conor's lifetime....if not sooner! There have been medical advances over the years but more research is needed and its time help! My son Christopher doesn't really understand what CF is, but he's never too late in reminding Conor to take the tablets he needs after every meal to help Conor grow and stay healthy.
I hope today that you'll stop and buy a sausage from the LJ Hooker sausage sizzles that are set up around Canberra, which are raising funds for CF research. You can also visit their website anytime to make donation : 65 Roses Day 2007 .

No comments: