Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Some Cards

I'm been playing with some of my new stamps and LOVING the results. Thought I'd share a few with you: The first one is using the Paisley Background stamp. I stamped it using a few different inks in the soft subtle family, punched out some squares and put it back together (not matching on purpose). I love the detail in this stamp. I also stamped it straight onto Perfect Plum cardstock with Perfect Plum ink for a more subtle effect. If you click on the photo, you'll see more detail. I made 14 of these as I used it in a swap with other demonstrators around Australia.

This second card is using the Watercolour Minis and a canvas background. I love the dimension you can create with stamps that are the "2 Step" design. I stamp a much lighter colour first (in this case its Pretty-n-Pink), then stamp a darker shade (Rose Red) over top. The leaves are Certainly Celery as my lighter colour, then Always Artichoke as the darker. Again, if you click on the photo, then you'll see it bigger.


This last card I tried doing a cracked glass technique. I aged and stamped the images first, then heat embossed many layers of clear embossing powder over top. Put it in the freezer for a few minutes, took it out and cracked it up, rubbed ink into the cracks which gives it the antique look. I probably could have done a few more layers of embossing, but this is a good example of what it looks like.

No comments: