Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Modern Gingerbread House

This is the first thing Christopher and I made to kick off the Christmas season this year....a gingerbread house. We have never made one of these before, so it was new to both of us. The gingerbread was already baked so the assembly and the decor was left to us. I let Christopher have free rein with the decoration, and I just added my little bits here and there....like the icicles and the roof icing pattern for example. Notice the pot plants and the mushroom garden in the left pic and the tall orange water tank, (what every Canberra home needs), in the right pic!

2 comments:

Manon Keir said...

How lovely to find your blog Katie!!
Love the gingerbread house. Where can you get one not assembled yet in Canberra? (I've never had one but would love to try!!)

Katie said...

Hi Manon! I'll try and find out where the gingerbread house kit came from. Our church had a gingerbread making time for mums and kids so it was all pre-organised and ordered from somewhere. I'll let you know!