Saturday, December 15, 2007

Freedom to Create

Recently I needed to create a 5x7 page to add to an album that is being put together for a friend who is about to have her 4th baby. As I made this page, I thoroughly enjoyed the freedom that comes with this hobby. I love that we are not bound by rules. If I want to add a few metal eyelets, then I will, if I want to dig out the sewing machine and do some stitching, then I'll do that too. I scrap based on what inspires me at the moment and what I enjoy using at the time. I've been digging through my old stash lately and have loved pulling out my tried and true favourites. I haven't used eyelets in years, but I think they add so much to such a little project. Each of those little pockets hold a quote/verse on motherhood, marriage and friendship. Anyone about to have their 4th baby needs a little (ok....maybe a lot) of support and encouragement from friends and family!
Stampin Up products used: cardstocks, inks, clear embossing powder, crystal effects, dazzling diamonds, stamp sets Simply Said, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Expressive Flexible Phrases and Classic Alphabet. The patterned paper is LilyKate - Basic Grey.

No comments: