Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October Stampin Up Special & Newsletter

I visited Floriade last week and I ooooohed and aaaaahed over all the beautiful colours of the flowers this year. The reds, pinks and yellows were so pretty together. My favourite combination was this one: Purple, white and green. I had a Christmas workshop on the following day and decided to use this colour combination for a Christmas card. I used Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery and Whisper White. It was a pretty card and I liked that it was a little different from the usual green and red colours associated with Christmas. Another place I look to for new colour combos, besides the Stampin Up Colour Coach, is children's clothing. Check out my son's t-shirt and the card I made in the same colours. I'd LOVE to see what colour combinations you come up when you make a card, so take a picture and email it to me!

Please have a look this Stampin Up special for October. When you purchase the "Looks Like Spring" stamp set (page 67 in the catalogue) and the coordinating Spring Bouquet Flower punch (page 140) then you receive the matching Spring Showers or Spring Flowers Designer Series Double Sided Paper (page 133) for FREE (valued at $16.95). You can see 2 examples on the left using these 3 products together. This is a beautiful combination to purchase for yourself or for someone you know for Christmas. If you'd like to take advantage of this special, please have your order to me by October 30th.

I uploaded 250+ photos last week to Snapfish to have printed out. I'm eagerly awaiting their delivery as I can then put together the calendar class. (not using all those photos obviously!) For those of you planning on doing the calendar class, now is the time to go through your own photos and choose one (approx size 4x6) for each month of the year and have them printed off and ready.
In the meantime though, for those of you who are finding it hard to sit down and get started on your Christmas cards, I have an evening to offer you to jump start your card stack. On Saturday October 20th, starting at 7pm, you can come to my home and make 10 cards, 5 of 2 different kinds. One of the cards you'll combine 3 different stamp sets and add a little bling by simply using Dazzling Diamonds, and the other card you'll be able to use the Poinsettia Wheel that was available in last year's spring mini catalogue. Its a favourite of mine and it will get a lot of use this year. You can view these 2 cards if you scroll down to "Upcoming Christmas Card Class" below. The cost is $20 which includes the price of all materials used as well as envelopes (which can be stamped as well, if desired!). My table can only hold 6 people, so please send me an email or call me to book your place.

Let me know if you'd like to host your own Christmas workshop to help you and your friends get started on this years cards, and of course for you to take advantage of those fantastic hostess benefits!

No comments: