Monday, October 01, 2007

Birthday Time

Its was my son's 9th birthday today. Nine is great age to be. I love that Christopher still likes to hold my hand when we go for a walk. Love that he still wants lots of cuddles when he wakes up in the morning. Love that he secretly blows me a kiss (in front of his friends!) when I drop him at school each day. Love that he now teaches me how to do things on the computer. Love everything about this little guy. So lucky he's mine!
Here's a picture of the invites I made for his science themed party. Christopher's mind never stops creating, building, planning and dreaming up things to make, so we decided on a science theme so that his friends could enjoy making some different things too. The kids started off playing in Moon Sand, a sand that can be molded like playdough, and it never dries out. Great stuff! Then we made lava lamps, slime and set off a home made volcano. Tons of fun and the kids liked it too. I made the cake into the shape of a test tube and filled it with blue jelly. I had only just cleaned up from this party when Christopher, bless him, brought up the topic of what he'd like to do at his 10th birthday party........sigh.....
Katrina, making this cake with the jelly brought back memories of making a cake with you for Joel's 4th or 5th birthday where we used blue jelly and put a couple Wiggles figurines into a Lego boat and half buried some plastic fish in the jelly, then sprinkled cookie crumbs around the edges to look like sand. How cool was that! Wish I got a picture of it!

2 comments:

Madebymadge said...

happy birthday Christopher! Wow Volcano's and Slime - I'm gonna tell mum about that - maybe she'll make slime for my next party.

I had pony rides at my birthday party last weekend.

love
Jack

Katie said...

Pony rides sound like tons of fun Jack. I think you'll like the slime parties more when you're a bit older. Why not try a Bob the Builder party next year. Thats what I did when I turned 4 years old. We played "pin the wrench on Bob", and other fun building games. The cake my mum was awesome as mum covered the cake in dirt (cookie crumbs) and had diggers and dump trucks and safety cones for candles....and it was chocolate too...yummy!
Love Christopher