Thursday, October 18, 2007

Canberra Great Strides Walkathon for CF

Christopher and I are walking in the Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis Walkathon this Sunday October 21st, around Lake Ginninderra. This walk is being held nationally to raise money for CF. I have come to learn about CF through our dear friends Gab, Anthony and their son Conor who has CF. We'd love to have as many people join in the walkathon so please come and join us on Sunday morning. If you can't make it and would still like to contribute, there is a donation page set up that generates tax deductable receipts when you click on Conor's name above.

Just want to add a note that $11,000 was raised on this day for CF. YAY!!
Thanks everyone who helped make this day a lot of fun and such a success. See you next year!

2 comments:

Madebymadge said...

Katie, You've made me bawl my eyes out. I think I'll walk. How lucky are we to have healthy kids - more of a miracle than we realise.
M

Katie said...

Since having Christopher, I've become ultra-sensitive to other children, especially ones that need help. I'm sure there will be a tear or 2 fall if I get talking to anyone.
The weather is BEAUTIFUL today for the walkathon. Christopher is really looking forward to "walking for Conor". Should be a great day!