Monday, July 09, 2007

July Stampin Up Special & Watercolouring

I think I have surprised myself, and hopefully you, by having my monthly newsletter to you before the middle of the month! I'm just really excited about this month's Stampin Up Special as it seems really applicable with all the wet weather we've been having. July is all about Watercolouring! I like to show some basic watercolouring techniques in my workshops, but in this newsletter I want to show you how to take your watercolouring a step further with the amazing crayons and pencils that Stampin Up have.
These watercolour pencils come in a pack of 24 vibrant colours. You can use these pencils on their own to colour in your stamped images (see image 1.) or by simply using a blender pen, turn them into a watercoloured work of art! (see image 2.)
1.

2.

Using the crayons also adds a rich coloured image to your cards and scrapbook pages. Check the photos below where I have used an Aqua Painter to pick the colour up off the crayons and paint it onto the stamp. The aqua painter contains water, so the more water you squeeze to the tip of the painter, the more watery the image will be. Its up to you! And you can easily clean these stamps using your stampin scrub and mist as you would when using ink. Its that easy!


For this month only, you can buy a single colour-family pack of Watercolor Wonder Crayons or Watercolor Pencils for 25 percent off with a $50 purchase. If you're interested in this special (shown below with the discounted price), please have all orders to me by July 30th.

Bold Brights Watercolor Wonder Crayons $29.21
Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons $29.21
Rich Regals Watercolor Wonder Crayons $29.21
Soft Subtles Watercolor Wonder Crayons $29.21
Neutrals Watercolor Wonder Crayons $14.21
Watercolor Pencils $28.46

Now for those of you who know this catalogue like the back of your hand, you'll have noticed the stamp I've used in images 1 & 2 is something you haven't seen before. Yes there are some fun things to look forward to in the coming months... and I've just given you a sneak peak. There will also be more sneak peaks throughout this month, posted here on my blog.

I would LOVE to see what you create with your stamps, so please email me a picture sometime. I get most of my own inspiration and ideas from what others create. So please show me what you're making!

No comments: