Friday, July 11, 2008

A Piece of Heaven

I escaped to this little piece of heaven this week. My son is visiting his dad in New Zealand at the moment, so for the first time in 14 months, I had more than 36 hours to myself. Being an introvert, the dream of getting away by myself was just too enticing. My friends and family made sure I had enough to take with me to keep me occupied and pampered: a lovely scented candle (which I burned for the entire time, thank you Ainslee!), cookies (thanks Carol from NLPC), warm snuggly socks (thank you Steph and Ainslee), good DVDs to watch (thanks mom & dad, Mary & Joe and Chris & Carol!), some new scrapbooking supplies (thanks Steph), chocolate (thanks Ainslee) and some good reading (thanks Gab!). It did help that my birthday was a few days prior to my holiday!

No comments: