Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Time to Play

I've had a bit more wind beneath my wings lately, so I've been having tons of fun creating scrapbook pages again. Not that I have never enjoyed creating those, but as you know they're a bit more work than creating cards. So, I just thought I'd share with you what I got up to the other day.
I've always love twill....all colours, all widths and was spoiled for choice while living in Hong Kong. I've got plenty of Stampin' Up's twill in my stash too, so I started to play around it and I'm LOVING the result!

Firstly I dug out some letter stickers and stuck them to to the twill, pressing them down hard so no corners were sticking up. Then I mixed some real red ink refill with some water and brushed my twill with it until it was covered, then left it to dry.





After it was dry, I carefully removed the stickers, and my verse stuck out from the twill beautifully.

I also heat embossed a Jenni Bowlin chipboard butterfly, (which I bought from my dear friend Ainslee at Scrap Junkie) with the Stampin Up En Francais background stamp and inked over top with more real red ink. I added some of Stampin Up's clear buttons and put it together.

The end result! This page design is from one of my scrapbook idols Nia Reddy's pages I saw and sketched down on a scrap piece of paper a couple of years ago. I only just found the sketch tucked away in one of my many idea books.....and I still loved it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Katie - you are so talented!! Stacey

Anonymous said...

This is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Hope you can frame it and remind yourself of the contagious joy God planted in you that you share daily...and as a recipient, THANKS!!

luv bindi