Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A South Coast Break

Christopher and I have been away at the south coast of NSW for the past 5 days. It was 5 days of relaxing fun without having any schedules or plans. I left my watch behind each day so it wouldn't interfere with our time. We spent most of the mornings at the beach, Christopher digging rivers and building sandcastles, and I was the chief sea creature and water collector to keep the rivers flowing and the castles inhabited. There is just something about boys and sand that amazes me. I love watching Christopher dig, roll and create with it. He gets sand into places that even surprise him! Our hungry tummies usually brought us back to our caravan for lunch and a small break, then back out to the beach mid afternoon till the early evening. The beach was GORGEOUS but the water was freezing! At first I thought I just needed to persevere, and hopefully I would get used to it quickly. But my feet would cramp and go numb! I noticed some of the kids on the beach were wearing wet suits...so I didn't feel so bad then. When we returned to Canberra, I was told there were water currents traveling up from Antartica, around the south coast at the moment, so then I realised I wasn't a wimp after all! Kangaroos would meander throughout the caravan park during the day and the birds were very keen on some sunflower seeds that we had....enough so to eat from Christopher's hand. Christopher found the water cold as well, but he'd find warmer pools of water where he could lay down and roll around. We'll have to go back another time....we already miss it. These are just a few of my favourite pictures. They're a bit small but if you click on them, you'll see them in a better size.

No comments: